Friday, January 15, 2010

I would want to be a native in Rwanda when it is first being colonized.

Even though Rwanda was under the control of another country, they never got their lives taken away. Their was no slavery, and you were a free man. Sure you got discriminated against, and you were considered underclass(assuming I am Hutu) but that is way better than the life of slavery. I also would rather be paid cheap for my hard work. I might be concluding that the Tutsi's attacks to regain power were not very harsh, but I would not mind someone trying to take power because I certainly am not a leader. I don't like the fact that there was so much segregation in Rwanda, but then again it is something you could live with.

I would not want to be a native American because of getting my home taken a way from me. I also would not want to be a subject of war. They also didn't get the rights of the average whit citizen. As for the native Australians, I would not want my culture, and my people to die out by the time my own child has their kids. Even though that is the only thing that happened to the Aborigines, I wouldn't want my descendants to lose the life that I had grown up with. Last, I would not want to be South Africa because I would get kicked out of my home, and cramped into this little refugee camp. Although there were laws that said they were free, they truly had little rights of a free man.


No comments:

Post a Comment